Nadando package drop
|Nadando package drop|
Nadando requested a package from the Message Desk and gave his home address. A package (picture below) postmarked Anchorage, AK, 21st Feb 2012 (!), arrived and proved to contain a book. The book, Global Response Codes by Dr. J. Marvin Blackweather, contains a list of Message Desk codes. (This is a fictitious book.) The wrapping had a list of numbers. The back of the book contains a valid French EAN-13 code for an unknown/nonexistent product. However when scanned the bar-code reads as 9780816041954 (First Ladies) which is the same as the bar-code on the cover of Designing Compelling Worm Sanctuaries.
Do NOT request these codes randomly from the Message Desk. On the first page of the book, it says:
Some inquiry codes are single use. Obtain clarification from Message Desk as code depletion cannot be reversed.
In other words, if you call a single-use code, it is gone forever; don't risk wasting them.
A transcription of the book is available.
- The postmark shows the wrong year. Even if this is just a glitch in the Anchorage post office, the package is postmarked Feb 5 and arrived Feb 25; normally parcel post between Alaska and Arizona would take 4 days.
- The stamps refer to Hawaii, Arizona (Navajo jewelry), and possibly "Forever beautiful" (FOREVER stamps).
- Peeling back the bottom row of stamps revealed the numbers 4064436 in reverse, when this code is entered into the agent system the following response "stamp code: please return to this agent code at a later date" Recording: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1e9hF2xn4rk
- A plastic sleeve enclosed the book, on the back of this were numbers writen in black marker pen.
2546212 3075881 5762077 1969466 9474942 7040214 2144734
- Title/Author: GLOBAL RESPONSE CODES Dr. J. Marvin Blackweather
- Book images: http://imgur.com/a/OVNHF
- Book transcription: https://gist.github.com/AluisioASG/8b3e021bc027e0b0eccb
- BOOK FULL SCAN https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28940500/scanned%20book.zip full scanned book (my book)- 74 mb
- The author/title of the book do not exist in any major library catalogs.
- The cover is slightly tattered and the pages are uneven.
- Page 12 contains what appear to be product numbers.
REFERENCE: DOC-MDSK-0004 MAINT-0002 MLPL-0000000
|Drop item name||Drop item condition||Drop item status||Location||Notes|
|Nadando's Global Response Codes book||Unknown||Received||L0j1k||None|
|Nadando package envelope||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown||None|
|Nadando package sleeve||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown||None|
[See Drop Item Inventory to edit this.]
- 12754: El Aaiun, Western Sahara; Laayoune, Western Sahara (synonyms)
- 13700: Gasteiz, Basque Country; Vitoria, Basque Country (synonyms)
- 16943: Arlington, District of Columbia; Arlington, Virginia (same place)
- 42466: Laudio, Basque Country; Llodia, Basque Country (synonyms)
- 83564: Arrasate, Basque Country; Mondragon, Basque Country (synonyms)
- 87673: Donostia, Basque Country; San Sebastian, Basque Country (synonyms)
- 63533: Byrd, Antarctica; Navassa, US Minor Outlying Islands
- 67632: Bharati, Antarctica; Serranilla, US Minor Outlying Islands
- 24593: Artigas, Antarctica; Jarvis, US Minor Outlying Islands
- 32791: Amundsen-Scott, Antarctica; Howland, US Minor Outlying Islands