Blue Hill phone booth drop
|Blue Hill phone booth|
The Blue Hill phone booth drop was a dead drop found via GPS co-ordinates given on September 21st 2012. It was for a phone booth in Blue Hill, near Bangor, Maine. After a search was done online to find a contact to pick up whatever item was there produced nobody it was suggested on IRC for someone to telephone local businesses to ask for help.
After a local florist could not help, she suggested contacting the local library, which was done next. The Florists store is now damaged beyond repair in a bizarre coincidence. The librarian was willing to help and found a CD taped to the underside of the phone. She retrieved it and awaited help from a co-worker to upload the contents on September 23rd.
Following the dead drop some strange and disturbing coincidences have happened in the tiny community of Blue Hill, including the destruction of the phone booth drop point. See Blue Hill mysteries for more info.
Latitude 44.4124 Longitude -68.5897
Contents of the CD
TrueCrypt Setup 5.1a.exe
- MD5: 9F2C390917D60AA2F729516CD1A6818F
- Confirmed as genuine, found on the TrueCrypt site
- MD5: 10EA0F108D713630F3E41C213B89495C
- Installs as BCWipe v3.10.5
- Confirmed as genuine, found here (via archive.org)
- MD5: 29186BF27967170AB1BBB0688E420A7E
- Uncompressable with 7zip. One-time pad used to encrypt the 3233 message and the messages from 709-700-0122.
A copy of the ISO (or the individual files) can be downloaded here on Google Drive.
Analysis of Data.bin
Data.bin appears fairly random, with a low Standard Deviation.
CSV data: http://pastebin.com/ENy39C9N
|Drop item name||Drop item condition||Drop item status||Location||Notes|
|Blue Hill CD||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown||None|
[See Drop Item Inventory to edit this.]